Bernadette Mayer (born May 12, 1945) in Brooklyn, New York, United States) is a poet and prose writer. In 1967 she received a BA from New School for Social Research. She has since edited the journal 0 TO 9 with Vito Acconci and the United Artists Press with Lewis Warsh. She is also known for her dancing.
- Story, New York: 0 to 9 Press, 1968.
- Moving, New York: Angel Hair, 1971.
- Memory, Plainfield, VT: North Atlantic Books, 1976.
- Ceremony Latin (1964), New York: Angel Hair, 1975.
- Studying Hunger, New York: Adventures in Poetry/ Bolinas, CA: Big Sky, 1976.
- Poetry, New York: Kulchur Foundation, 1976.
- Eruditio Ex Memoria, Lenox, MA: Angel Hair, 1977.
- The Golden Book of Words, Lenox, MA: Angel Hair, 1978.
- Midwinter Day, Berkeley, CA: Turtle Island Foundation, 1982.
- Utopia, New York: United Artists Books, 1984.
- Mutual Aid (Mademoiselle de la Mole Press, 1985)
- Sonnets, New York: Tender Buttons, 1989.
- The Formal Field of Kissing, New York: Catchword Papers, 1990.
- A Bernadette Mayer Reader, New York: New Directions, 1992.
- The Desires of Mothers to Please Others in Letters, West Stockbridge, MA: Hard Press, 1994.
- Another Smashed Pinecone, New York: United Artists Books, 1998.
- Proper Name & other stories, New York: New Directions, 1996.
- Two Haloed Mourners: Poems, New York: Granary Books, 1998.
- Midwinter Day, New York: New Directions, 1999 (reprint of 1982 edition).
- Scarlet Tanager, New York: New Directions, 2005.
- Poetry State Forest, New York: New Directions, 2008.
 External links
- Online Poetry Classroom profile
- Author's Page at EPC
- site at The Academy of American Poets
- Form's Life: An Exploration of the Works of Bernadette Mayer by Nada Gordon who explains: "This thesis was written, although not without passionate attention, as an academic requirement in 1986"
- Works by or about Bernadette Mayer in libraries (WorldCat catalog)