Rimbaud's Systematic Derangement of the Senses
I say you have to be a visionary, make yourself a visionary. A Poet makes himself a visionary through a long, boundless, and systematized disorganization of all the senses... Read More
Jack Kerouac's Essentials of Spontaneous Prose
If possible write "without consciousness" in semi-trance (as Yeats' later "trance writing") allowing subconscious to admit in own uninhibited interesting necessary and so "modern" language... Read More
66 Writing Experiments by Charles Bernstein
5. Tristan Tzara's hat: Everyone in a group writes down a word (alternative: phrase, line) and puts it in a hat. Poem is made according to the order in which it is randomly pulled from hat... Read More
William S. Burroughs Cut-ups
The cutup is a mechanical method of juxtaposition in which Burroughs literally cuts up passages of prose by himself and other writers and then pastes them back together at random... Read More
- Visual Poetry : Explore your creativity by drawing word mosaics with your poetry.
- Electronic Poetry : Similiar to magnetic poetry. Create poems using the words of your favorite authors or create magnets from your own text.
- Text Collage : Electronic text art.
- Poem Collage : Enter your poem and click Generate. Poem Collage will generate your poem as a series of draggable lines. Rearrange the lines to form a new poem.
- Writing Prompts : Click a button to generate a writing prompt.
Creative Writing Articles
- Cut Up Machine : Enter a block of text and mix it up.
- Poetry Gyroscope : Enter replacement words and watch famous poems dynamically evolve.
- Madlib Poem : Fill out the madlib form to have your words randomly replace those in famous poems.
- WTF-O-Vision : Enter a block of text for the WTF-O-Vision to edit and randomly replace words.
- Sentence Builder : Mix and split up sentences and rejoin them in new ways.
- Text Mixer : Mix up your text with this n-gram/markov generator.
- Reverse Poem : The Poem Reversograph Machine will reverse the text you enter.
- Word Medley : Enter a base text, replacement words, and words to keep and generate a new text medley.
- Sentence Tree : Reorder sentences into a series of columns, like the branches of a tree.
- Text Weaver : Weave the words from sentences vertically.
- Malapropism-o-tron : Enter your text and click GO - The Malapropism-o-tron will edit your writing and replace words with malapropisms, mondegreens, & spoonerisms.
- Haiku Madlib : Fill out the madlib form to have your words randomly replace those in famous haiku.
- Haiku-a-Tron : Generate a random haiku.
- Haiku Turbo Generator : Click the Generate Haiku button. Haiku Turbo Generator will randomly insert nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and prepositions into the haiku templates of the masters: (Basho, Buson, Issa, Shiki, Kato Shuson, Soseki)
- Interactive Haiku Generator : Input text and generate random haiku using famous haiku as templates.
- Interactive Poetry Generator : Generate a random poetry form: couplet, quatrain, blank sonnet, haiku, tanka, renga.
- Haiku Discombobulater : Paste your haiku in the field and press Discombobulate! The Haiku Discombobulater will mix up your words and create a new haiku from them.