Fade Out is a writing game that can be a fun and challenging way to flex your creative muscles and experiment with language. The game forces you to be creative with a limited number of word choices.Instructions:
- Click "Play".
- The top boxes will fill with words you can click to use, below these are boxes with punctuation marks and a paragraph return.
- Click on any of the words to add that word to your text in the large box at the bottom.
- You can also add punctuation or a paragraph return by clicking any of the smaller boxes below the words.
- Words will be replenished with new words after they are used.
- If a word is not used, it will gradually "fade out" and be replaced by a fresh word.
- Click "Adjust Word Lists" to set the percentage of words to use from any of the various genre and author word dictionaries.
By playing this game, you can encourage creativity, improve word choice, build discipline, and expand your vocabulary.
How can Fade Out help with your writing?
- Encouraging creativity: limiting the pool of words available to use forces you to get creative with language, helps you break free of your usual writing patterns and explore new approaches.
- Improving word choice: a limited number of certain words makes you carefully consider each word and how it impacts the meaning and flow of your text. This can help you improve word-choice and help you to use language more effectively..
- Building discipline: Playing Fade Out can be a challenging exercise that requires discipline and focus.
- Expanding vocabulary.