Haiku Turbo Generator
Click the 'Generate Haiku' button. Haiku Turbo Generator will randomly insert nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and prepositions into the haiku templates of the masters (Basho, Buson, Issa, Shiki, Kato Shuson, Soseki).
- The essence of haiku is the juxtaposition of two images or ideas and a "cutting word" between them (a word that signals the seperation and relation between the two images or ideas.
- Traditional haiku consists of 17 "on" or "morae", in 3 phrases of 5, 7, and 5.
- Haiku are often erronously stated to have 17 syllables, but this is inaccurate as syllables and "on" are not the same.
- Modern Japanese haiku are increasingly unlikely to follow the 17 "on" tradition.
- (paraphrased from Wikipedia)