Interactive Text Generators
- The essence of haiku is the juxtaposition of two images or ideas and a "cutting word" between them (a word that signals the seperation and relation between the two images or ideas.
- Traditional haiku consists of 17 "on" or "morae", in 3 phrases of 5, 7, and 5.
- Haiku are often erronously stated to have 17 syllables, but this is inaccurate as syllables and "on" are not the same.
- Modern Japanese haiku are increasingly unlikely to follow the 17 "on" tradition.
- (paraphrased from Wikipedia)